Come audition for Proud Mary Theatre Company’s next show!
Audition Announcements for upcoming shows & events will be posted here!
-check back often!
Here are some general instructions for a theatre audition:
- Choose: Select a monologue that showcases your acting abilities and fits the style of the play you’re auditioning for. Make sure it’s a piece you’re comfortable with and have rehearsed well. It’s best to perform from rehearsed material! Don’t let gender norms control your choices!
- Dress: Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move freely. Tailor what you wear. Don’t let your clothing distract from YOU. Show us you’re dead serious!
- Arrive early: Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled audition time. This will give you time to check in, warm up, and settle. Try your best not to be late!
- Prepare: Print out your headshot and resume to pass. This is standard. Selfies will work! Make sure you have any necessary paperwork or forms completed ahead of time.
- Focus: When it’s your turn to audition, take a deep breath and focus on your performance. Try to stay in the moment and connect with the material. Ignore everyone else in the room when it’s YOUR time!
- Listen and Take direction: If the director gives you feedback or asks you to try something different, be open to their suggestions and willing to take direction.
- Thank the panel: When your audition is over, thank the audition panel for their time and consideration.
Remember, the most important thing is to be yourself and show off your unique talents and abilities.
WE WANT TO CAST YOU!
Break a leg!